|Volunteers are currently organizing the 2016 Mountain View Arts Festival. We'd love to have you join in on the fun! Questions? Call Kathleen at 403-335-9445.
A Weekend of Creativity & Family Fun!
The 2016 Mountain View Arts Festival will be our 6th Annual! It is Mountain View County's largest outdoor festival of its kind. Art lovers see Didsbury come alive with all that is arts and culture in our region, including dancers, storytellers, musicians and songwriters, handicrafts, painters, potters, carvers ... you name it ... if it's artsy, it'll be here!
Since 2011, festival visitors have been treated to an incredible showcase of the arts and culture that is found in Central Alberta ... specifically Didsbury and Mountain View County!
Something for Everyone - 5 Different Venues!
The fun starts at our Opening Reception on Friday night when we salute the golden age of train travel ... a lead-in to a weekend full of arts and culture and our heritage.
- Didsbury Museum - Featuring historical artifacts PLUS our salute to the Train and Railroads that built our country! Exhibit from the "Stamp Guys" featuring Canadian railway and prairie scene stamps, and a LEGO display! And, of course, our 3rd Annual Scarecrows on Parade Competition!
- Didsbury Library - The "Hub of our Community", showcasing the Literary Arts. Follow your own roots with ancestry.ca. Create very unique mandalas ... and wait till you see what you can do with railway spikes!
- Didsbury Train Station - Fabulous Quilt Show. You'll even have a chance to learn how to quilt!
- Didsbury High School - Some of the most talented and diverse artists and artisans in the region will fill the gym in our Artisan Village. Musical and stage entertainment in the foyer! PLUS ...
- "Make Your Own Souvenirs"
- Dress-up from our Tickle Trunk
- Can you find "Art the Bear"?
- Delree's Teepee
- Downtown Didsbury - Our 3rd Annual Heritage Walking Tour!
- Pick up your Festival Passport at any of our venues and "Stamp Around" for a chance to win $50!
- Plus a few other surprises downtown.
|Mtn View Arts Festival Countdown
|2016 Arts Festival in Didsbury
Sept 10 & 11, 2016
Applications Open for Artists & Vendors in the Artisan Village
Applications Open for Performers at the Arts Festival
Main Stage | Museum | Busking
APPLICATIONS FOR PERFORMERS
CLOSE WEDNESDAY, MAY 25th
Heard at past festivals:
"Very well done and presented with great hospitality! The music, food, the sound system, and the Metis dancers, great history. Excellent! Good work."
"Had a really great time! Everyone was super friendly and crazy awesome! Cannot wait to come back next year."
"It was amazing ... be warned though ... you may need to drag your children out at closing time. Our kids had an absolute blast and didn't want to leave."
2015 Festival Trivia
Volunteer Hours: 2,376!
What is a Visual Artist?
Those who paint, carve, sculpt, take photos,
craftsmen who work with pottery, stained glass,
wood, jewellery, or metal, clothing designers, photojournalists, those who design clothes,
create digital images, sketch caricatures
& illustrations, design floral arrangements.
And We've Got All of Them!
Special Thanks to our
2015 Funding Supporters